Saturday, March 2, 2013

Healing Pathway retreat, day2

Day 2 of my workshop retreat was awesome. The morning was a workshop on Encountering the Wise One. It was guided meditation and a lot of information from a woman who was a catholic nun, then trained in the shamanic tradition for 16 years. She had more knowledge of spiritual matters than anyone I've ever met. One of the most interesting ideas was a way of understanding how Jesus Christ could be fully human and fully divine at the same time. It was that he was a human who stepped into the Christ energy and didn't step out. Fascinating idea. She named the energy of wisdom Sofia and we meditated about her, asked her questions, and did some drawing. It was very woowooo, but I wanted new experiences, and was open to them. It was really quite interesting.

Lunch was... interesting. I blogged that encounter at my other blog.

The afternoon was a singing workshop. There wasn't a lot of energy healing, or even a lot of talk about energy. It just seemed like choir practice, but it was enjoyable enough. I was very proud of myself for doing what I needed. The lady next to me was singing the tunes quietly while the leader was talking, and it was annoying because a) she kept missing notes; b) I couldn't pay attention properly. So when the leader asked if everyone could hear, I jumped on the opportunity to tell the woman next to me that I couldn't because she kept singing while the leader was talking. She was so mad at me, but honestly, that's not my problem. I asked her politely not to do something that took away from my enjoyment of the class. It was her choice to react in anger. Had I not said something, it would have been me who was angry, at both her for doing it and me for not saying something. I am often too passive in situations like this, and I did what I needed to do, for me. So I'm very happy with myself. I'd prefer that she were happy too, but that's not in my control.

No comments:

Post a Comment