Friday, March 1, 2013

Healing Pathway

I went to an HPV retreat today. Okay, they really need a new acronym, because that is not supposed to conjure visions of STDs at all. It's Healing Pathway Victoria. Seriously. I don't think they have any idea. Or maybe they don't care. I think they should change it to VHP, but what do I know? :)

Anyway. Healing Pathway is crazy spiritual healing mumbo jumbo that my left brain can't make sense of but my right brain loves, and seriously, who cares, because it's awesome. It's spiritual energy healing from the tradition of laying on of hands. It's lovely, warm, comfortable and powerful. We gave and received several treatments today, and I can honestly say they moved me to tears a few times. When we shared love, I could physically smell my Mom's perfume. When we did distance healing, the man who did mine (and had NO knowledge of my physical issues) correctly dx'd several of my problems. That wasn't his intent, mind you. He only told me afterward, "There seemed like there was something really wrong and heavy right here, by your stomach, and so I worked on that". He pointed to the spot. It was my gallbladder. My gallbladder is completely filled with stones and is due to come out soon.

Yes, I know, he could have guessed, I could have been showing him somehow. I honestly don't give a crap. Because it felt good, and I came home feeling good. I'm floating on it, and I'm not going to let my logic take away the peace. :)

In the morning, there was just a lot of praying for something on the love spectrum (like compassion or mercy or joy) for a particular person. That was magnificent.

Tomorrow is two more workshops, and I'm looking forward to them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment